Tuesday, January 6, 2009

High Fund Management Fees

In case you missed my Saturday morning show, I discussed the
alternatives for investors who are outgrowing their mutual funds.
Canadians pay the highest fund management fees in the world, and this
has a dramatic impact on your bottom line. A typical fund charges
approximately one quarter of your long term return, and this can
really add up. An investor with 500,000 in a typical equity fund
would pay more than his original investment, nearly $520,000 in fees,
over a 25 year period. It sounds incredible, but I would be happy to
walk you through the calculations. If you missed my show, visit my
blog on AM 980;s web site, or give me a call and we can discuss your
situation in person.

Have you outgrown your mutual funds?
Do you want to discuss your alternatives?

For a review your portfolio, or a complimentary copy of my CD, visit,
www.beyondfunds.ca or call me, Jeff Wareham, at 519 660 3260.
This program is for information purposes only. Fees, management fees,
and commissions may be associated with mutual fund investing.
Investors should consult their prospectus before investing. Views
expressed are those of the author, not Scotia Capital. ScotiaMcLeod is
a division of Scotia Capital Inc, member CIPF

No comments: